A FuturICT workshop will be held at the Media Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, in February 2013.
The meeting is organized along with the AAAS meeting (http://www.aaas.org/meetings/2013/) and co-sponsored by the MIT Connection Science and Engineering, a virtual center including MIT Media Lab, CSAIL, and LIDS.
Sponsors of the Initiatives are:
MIT (Connection Center and Engineering & Mit Media Lab)
ETH Zurich 3. SWISSNEX BOSTON (Swiss Consulate in Boston)
Anna Carbone (Politecnico di Torino, Italy & ETHZ FuturICT Coordination Team, Switzerland)
Alex `Sandy’ Pentland (MIT Media Lab, USA) CHAIR
Keynote Lectures /Participants:
- Hideaki Aoyama (Kyoto University, Japan) “Japanese Consortium for FuturICT: Members and Research activities."
- Albert Laszlo Barabasi (Northeastern University, USA) “The Science of Impact”
- Damon Centola (MIT, USA) “Social Dynamics in Online Experiments: A New Generation of Research and Policy”
- Peter S. Dodds (University of Vermont, USA) "Measuring the happiness and health of populations in real time…."
- Markus Eisenhauer (Fraunhofer Institute, Germany) “Enterprise systems in a value-driven Internet of People, Things and Services”
- Alois Ferscha (Johannes Kepler, University Linz, Austria) "Socio-inspired ICT"
- Glenn Jerome (Washington D.C.) “The Millenium Project”
- Shlomo Havlin (Bar-Ilan University, Israel) “The extreme vulnerability of network of networks”
- Dirk Helbing (ETH Zurich, Switzerland & FuturICT Scientific Coordinator) “Global Science and Participatory Computing for our Complex World”
- Cesar Hidalgo (Harvard University, USA) "The Structure and Dynamics of Cultural Exports"
- Ramesh Jain (University of California, Irvine) “Towards Intelligent Social Systems”
- Jeffrey Johnson (The Open University, UK) "Hypernetworks for multilevel complex systems? "
- David Lazer (Harvard University, USA) “Challenges and opportunities in predicting political and social event”
- Jose‘ Fernando Mendez (University of Aveiro, Portugal) “Avalanche Collapse of Interdependent Networks”
- Asu Ozdaglar (MIT, USA) “Systemic Risk and Stability in Networks”
- Dino Pedreschi (University of Pisa, Italy) "Mining social behavior from big data"
- Sandy Pentland (MIT, USA) “Reinventing Society in the wake of Big Data”
- Alexei Pozdnoukhov (National University of Ireland, Maynooth) "Simple Patterns of Complex Urban Dynamics"
- H. Eugene Stanley (Boston University, USA) “The Fragility of Interdependency: Coupled Networks & Switching Phenomena”
- Michael Szell (MIT, USA) “Online games as platforms for measuring socio-economic behavior”
- Alex Vespignani (Northeastern University, USA) "Modeling and forecast of socio-technical systems in the data-science age"
More information on this workshop can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5azm2lmk31tpr2m/ZOoeyxo_cI
The participation is open and free of charge, however due to limited seating capacity, registration is requested (by email to email@example.com).
Feel free to forward this email to all your potentially interested collaborators.
Looking very much forward to welcoming you at MIT.
Anna Carbone & Sandy Pentland.
Pictures from the Event: